The company that created the famous 427 FE engine announces a modern version of the legendary motor. Built on Ford Racing's aluminum Z351 block, the 427 crate engine is engineered and built for drive-ability and durability while still offering a throaty growl. The engine is ideal for street rods, kit cars and all Ford projects requiring big power in a reliable, lightweight package.
- 427 cubic inches
- 600 hp @ 6500 rpm (STP), 558 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm (STP)
- 570 hp @ 6500 rpm (SAE), 530 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm (SAE)
- 11.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Ford Racing aluminum 4-bolt main block M-6010-Z351
- Forged Mahle pistons
- Forged steel H-beam connecting rods
- Solid Roller Cam
- Intake duration 258 @ .050" intake
- Exhaust duration 260 @ .050" exhaust
- Valve lift intake .644"
- Valve lift exhaust .653"
- Roller Rocker Arms (1.65:1 ratio)
- Rocker arm stud girdle
- Double Roller Timing Chain M-6268-B302
- Forged steel crankshaft
- High performance front sump oil pan M-6675-FT351 fits most kit cars
- CNC ported Ford Racing aluminum "Z" cylinder heads M-6049-Z304P with 2.08"intake valves and 1.60" exhaust valves
- High-performance harmonic balancer M-6316-D302
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars and trucks
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes
- Does not include intake manifold or distributor
- Mechanical cam engine - No Warranty
INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a performance oil pan and pick-up, regular rotation timing cover and regular rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
- The timing chain cover will work with most regular rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers.
- The valve covers M-6582-W427P should fit most non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately)
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, the engine is neutral balanced.
- Intake gasket M-9439-A50 required.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary. Does NOT include distributor or intake manifold
Crate Engine Build-Up
Crate Engine Warranty
Engine Tips & Specs
Crate Engine Catalog