Ford Racing's all-aluminum 5.0L Mustang crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel). The lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength. Optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
- 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm
- 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm
- High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine
- Displacement 302 cu. in.
- 3.63 bore x 3.65-in stroke
- Aluminum block
- Forged steel crankshaft
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Hypereutectic aluminum pistons
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing
- 8qt capacity oil pan
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
- Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifolds
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Use Ford Racing's NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
- Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50BALT
- 2011 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available, see M-9680-M50
- Remote Mount Filter Adapter M-6881-M50 available for applications requiring oil filter relocation
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Direct replacement for 2013 Mustangs with engine code CG-397-AB
- Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code CG-397-AB. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
Engine Dimension PDF Chart CLICK HERE
5.0 Mustang and Super Fords Magazine did a technical deep dive into the new 5.0L engine. To review the article from the March 2010 issue, visit the site here.
Muscle Mustang's and Fast Ford plans to install the 5.0L Ti-VCT engine in a 1985 Mustang LX in "Project Fox Hunt" to follow the build CLICK HERE.